Here is our annual roundup of the most-read stories on Wansteadium over the past year. It’s no surprise that the death of much-lamented Jill Stock was the most read story.
There are plenty of other stories too, and as is our tradition we’d like to thank everyone who has read the site over the past year, everyone who has signed up to follow our newsletter, and everyone who has sent in news items, photographs or thoughts to email@example.com. Without you there wouldn’t really be a Wansteadium.
1. RIP Jill Stock (June) View
2. New café for Wanstead: Barrel Boulangerie opens (May) View
3. New homes to be built in Wanstead – on top of old ones (February) View
4. The mystery of Wanstead’s ‘Dark Alley’ (January) View
5. A new coffee shop for Snaresbrook (January) View
6. Wheelie bins are coming (March) View
7. The curious case of Wanstead’s ‘strip club’ (July) View
8. John Cryer’s Brexit position (January) View
9. Wanstead High Street, 1963 (part two) (January) View
10. This is how hot it is today in Wanstead: Tarmac swallows Coke (June) View