The traditional season-opener – Maz at Heads n Tails proudly showing his temporary forest – is here, as is a welcome sense of festive anticipation on the High Street.
And while the shops are gearing up – not least the Ginger Pig which is looking suitably Victorian – there is also a giving spirit which belies the troubled times we’re living in.
Among the efforts we’ve noticed (feel free to point out more) are:
- The Manor House once again collecting winter clothes to be given to the homeless
- Petty Son & Prestwich collecting food bank donations
- The Cuckfield taking contributions for distribution
- The Duke eschewing Black Friday offers but instead making donations to the Kindness in E11 campaign
- We’ll add to this list with any additions (send them to email@example.com)